Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday

Today is Flash's (aka Kayleigh) birthday!  Our 3rd child, turning 3 on the 3rd of April! :)

When I asked her about her birthday and what she wanted for a cake and dinner, she was insisted on one thing.  She wanted a "beach cake."  We were not sure of what a "beach cake" was or what was involved but we agreed.  When we went to the grocery store to order the cake we looked through the book of possible options.  She was immediately attracted to the Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, and Elmo cake options so I figured that one of those would be the choice.  While we continued to scan through the book I turned the page and wouldn't you know...a beach cake.  It was bright and colorful, had sand and water and smack in the middle it had flip flops!  Kayleigh screeched!  I knew that was the winner, she was going to get a beach cake.  We had ordered it and it was ALL that Kayleigh could talk about! 

For her dinner choice she picked Spaghetti.  The first few times we asked her what she wanted for dinner, she wasn't quite grasping the concept.  On our kids birthdays, they get to pick whatever they want for dinner.  Thankfully we haven't had any requests for fast food!  So spaghetti it was.  We were at the store picking up her cake and buying the stuff for dinner and I grabbed a loaf of the bakery garlic bread and Kayleigh gave me an adamant "NO."  It took me a minute to figure out what she was objecting to but then she told me "not THAT bread!"  I proceeded to ask her what bread she wanted and she told me she wanted..."This kind of bread....(and clapped her hands like she was flattening something!)"  I then asked her to show me and she took me all the way to the frozen food aisle and pointed to the Texas Toast.  Man, this girl knew what she wanted.  :)

After Joe got home from work we had a wonderful Spaghetti dinner and then enjoyed some delicious beach cake.  After the food had all been consumed, we went on to watch Kayleigh open her presents.  Once again she was very specific about what she wanted and in the end was one HAPPY girl.  She had golf clubs, purple sandal sneakers, a new baby doll and some Jake and the Neverland Pirates goodies. 

I cannot believe that it has been three years already and that our crazy K-monster Flash is three!  Time officially flies WAY too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment