Friday, April 19, 2013

The Dinner Rut

Anyone ever been in a dinner rut?  We get stuck in them every once in awhile and right now is one of those times.  The newest the struggle we are facing is that we are eating a lot!  The kids are going to eat us out of house and home if they are eating this much at 7,5,3 and 1!! 

I am on the search for "easy" meals that will feed a large family while not breaking the budget or being extremely unhealthy.  I am in no way looking for recipes that are all natural, fat free, yada yada, but rather foods that are well rounded or good for growing kids!  Anyone have any suggestions?

We bought half a cow back in November and it has been awesome to have the meat in the house whenever we want and to not have to worry about buying it on sales, but we can only eat beef so many days in a row and need to mix it up.  Joe and I eat a lot of salads so grilled chicken or salmon on salads but the kids get board with that.  We do love pasta and good cheesy Italian meals but we try to limit those too! 

We are stuck.  I love my crockpot but need some fun recipes for that.  I need to mix up our dinners and I don't know how.  We are open to a little bit of everything, only one kid is really picky and she will learn to at least try stuff or not eat anything because we can't feed the whole family around ones limit menu!

I am also thinking about baking my own bread.  I have made bread in the past....we are talking 2-3 loaves my whole life but it is so yummy and I think if I spend a few hours one weekend afternoon making multiple loaves, I can freeze them then we can have fresh homemade bread more often! 

My goal is to keep fully stocked freezer of meats, quick meals, side dishes and baked goods.  I want to be "that" mom.  Hey, a mom can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment