Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Shuffle...Repeat

Some days I feel like my days are on Shuffle and then repeat.  Everyday I write my list of things to do and everyday the first half is the same.  Dishes, Wipe Kitchen counters, Dining room table and floors, make beds, vacuum living room, laundry... that part never changes.  The second half the list is just as long if not longer consisting of emails to send, phone calls to make, appointments to schedule, etc.  Sometimes I just can't seem to be done with the list.  Majority the time, I do finish the list but starting right back up on the same list the very next day makes it seem like it has never ended.  There are ALWAYS dishes to do....ALWAYS laundry to be done so am I ever really done?

Although this may sound like a complaining entry, it really isn't, I don't mind all my to do list items and I really don't mind doing them over and over again but sometimes it simply seems like it never stops.  I feel like days begin to jumble together and determining when one day's to do list is done and the next days starts is nearly impossible. 

There must be away to fix this....or not!  :) 

My goal is to make a better plan for cleaning the house so that when the kids are done with school (ONLY 34 MORE DAYS!) I at least am in a routine of sorts to keep the house maintained.  I do not, nor do I want to, keep an immaculate house.  The fact is we live here....all 6 of us!  I don't want dust bunnies that are big enough to walk away or a science project growing on the toilet but I am not the type of person to run around all day one room to the next scrubbing and vacuuming just to do it all over again.  I do my daily stuff....the things listed above, but I need to figure out a good schedule for each bathroom, mopping the kitchen floor, my office, etc.  Recently Joe and I have spent a few hours on Sundays catching up on the house.  This isn't bad, the kids play together by themselves and Joe and I get a few good hours in but I would like to have more of a structured clean schedule so we don't have to spend our Sunday cleaning.  Hmmm....maybe I will have to add that to my to do list for tomorrow! 

The other thing that I need to figure out is laundry.  I have been doing 1-2 loads of laundry a day and I seem to keep up on it but never all of it.  It is a very rare occasion that I have zero piles of laundry on the laundry room floor.  Maybe I should try a marathon day of laundry, although I think it would have to be 2 days.  Day one....6-8 loads of laundry washed and dried.  Day two.....fold and put away all 6-8 loads of laundry.  That would leave me the rest of the week to pile up laundry all over again! Ha....

We shall see, for today though, my to-do list is 75% of the way done and I am already thinking about what is on the list for tomorrow. 

The best thing of all......I wouldn't change it for the world!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment