Thursday, March 28, 2013

Neverending Clothes

Over the last few weeks I have been getting out the spring and summer clothes for the kids as well as going through all the clothes that are too small, etc.  I have tub after tub of clothes from Darling and Duke that I was keeping for Kayleigh and J not to mention the tubs of baby clothes that I am keeping for some reason.  It seems like no matter how much head way I make, the pile never gets smaller and the kids still need clothes!  How is it that I have so much stuff and someone is always in need of something?  So that has been my challenge for the past few weeks and I am sad to say that I am not yet done with it!  I am getting there.  I have made enough progress that if something is stained or has a hole, it has been trashed!  That is saying something.

My goal for the end of the Easter break is to have the spring and summer clothes organized into the kids rooms (also doesn't help that here it is the end of March and kids are still layered in winter clothes!) and all the winter stuff that they are still using in another temporary spot in the room.  If I accomplish that, BIG IF, I will then tackle the clothes that are too small for all four children.  I am not sure if I am ready to get rid of them all, even though I am pretty certain we are done.  It seems that actually parting with those clothes is a huge step and too final for me but we shall see!

The other thorn in my side when it comes to the kids clothes is the organizing in tubes.  I love the convenience of the big Rubbermaid tubs and the way they stack so nicely in garage but how am I suppose to organize by season, etc when I am trying to put four different size clothes and 2 different gender clothes together.  I go through the bins of Dukes clothes in sizes 18mo-3T for J but then have to dig past the 4T-5T clothes of Darlings.  There has to be an easier way. 

So that is my update on my life and the hassle of the children's clothes.  Maybe I will be rich one day after I figure a better way to handle these clothes!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment